Psychotherapy for depression
Do you wonder if you are depressed? Seek confirmation from a professional.
Diagnosing oneself as suffering from depression or not is not always possible. For a professional opinion, you are advised to speak to a psychologist, your attending physician, or a psychiatrist.
Certain medical and physiological causes can sometimes bring about depressive episodes, for example. More specific mental disorders can also lead to symptoms of depression. Only a health professional will be able to make a correct diagnosis. psychologist psychotherapist counselor counsellor psychologist psychotherapist
The most common symptoms of depression
The primary signs of depression are often the same signs that we generally associate with boredom, or even with melancholy. Intense fatigue, muscular lethargy, an ongoing loss of motivation for daily activities and enthusiasm for the future are also signs that a bad time is starting.
Here are some symptoms of a depressive state:
- Ever-present worries that you obsess about psychologist psychotherapist counselor counsellor
- Irritability, annoyance psychologist psychotherapist counselor counsellor
- Mental and physical fatigue psychologist psychotherapist counselor counsellor
- “Lethargy”, lack of energy and spirit psychologist psychotherapist counselor counsellor
- Problems concentrating and lack of interest for things in general
- Absences, loss of memory
- Trouble eating, or with yor relationship with food, weight highs and lows
- Insomnia, panic attacks in the night, difficulty in falling asleep
- Permanent guilty feeling, generally “highly strung” state counselor counsellor