Psychologist since 2019, I work with adults suffering mentally or questioning their life, choices, etc.
I can work with you in English or in French.
I use Person-Centred Therapy/Counselling.
Person-Centred Therapy is one of the fourth recognised therapies in Belgium but also internationally. This approach belongs to speaking therapies and more precisely to humanistic therapies.
According to this approach, every human being possesses the necessary resources to find solutions to their own problems and reach their full potential.
To facilitate this, the therapist adopts attitudes promoting change and well-being such as empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard.
This is a non-directive approach, the therapist respects the client’s ability for self-direction and constructive change. I also use in some cases other techniques that I have learned during my journey such as pre-therapy, meditation, mindfulness, ACT or CBT techniques and systemic psychotherapy tools.
You can come to therapy because you are questioning your life, you are looking for a purpose or because you face difficulties, trauma, you are suffering, you have a mental or psychiatric disorder. We will try together to find a solution and ease your pain.
You can find below a non-exhaustive list of problems you can bring to therapy:
- Addiction (drug or alcohol);
- Anxiety (stress, generalised anxiety, social anxiety, phobias and panic attacks);
- Autism and Asperger Syndrome;
- Bipolar disorder;
- Burnout and Stress at work;
- Career guidance;
- Culural Shock;
- Depression (depressive mood, persistent depression, seasonal depression);
- Lack of self-confidence;
- Life questionning;
- Mental or physical disabilities;
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD);
- Personality disorder;
- Psychological suffering due to exile;
- Rehabilitation (after prison or psychiatric hospital);
- Relational problems;
- Suicidal thoughts;
- Trauma and Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);